Ahu Akivi is a platform that is further inland than most of the others. On the platform are 7 Moais looking towards the sea. The platform has a length of 38m and the 7 Moais have an average height of 4m.
This archaeological site was the first which was restored in 1960 under direction of William Mulloy. This restauration was inspired by the first raise of a Moai in 1956 during the visit of Thor Heyerdahl in Anakena.
According to oral tradition, these 7 Moais represent the 7 explorers of the island who surveyed the island for King Hotu Matua, before settling.